DOT Substance Abuse Services
For CDL Holders
Substance Abuse Professionals (SAP) are licensed or certified AODA counselors who have gone on to meet the educational requirements of the DOT. SAP's are tasked with meeting drivers who have tested positive for alcohol and or drugs in violation of DOT safety standards.
OnBelay has been providing this service from the very beginning of the program, over 15 years and has never been in violation of DOT standards.
- The driver. or person in a safety sensitive position, must meet with the counselor for an initial face-to-face assessment. As a result of the assessment either a referral for education or treatment.
- The driver must follow-through and complete the assigned education and begin treatment (counseling)
- The driver schedules an evaluation of compliance session with the SAP.
- When the follow-up evaluation is completed, and after providing a clean DOT UA, the driver may be placed back with his old employer, or seek new employment.
- Letters of compliance are provided to the employer. If the driver has been terminated, a compliance letter will be provided to the driver.
The fee for the two SAP assessment sessions is not covered by insurance. Fees for the SAP assessment and costs for education or counseling are the responsibility of the driver unless otherwise arranged. Cash, employer's check or credit is accepted.